Saturday, April 25, 2009

New look...

I've been growing my hair out for a good while, nearly three years and while I love it being long, my hair just will not hold curls in it. So I'd been toying with the idea of getting a perm for a little while. Well then the opportunity presented itself in that the Moms to Moms group had a Moms night out at the E.M. Salon. Anything that we booked for future appointments on that night was 50% off, so I took the dive and scheduled myself for a perm, a full manicure, and pedicure.

I was really worried about the perm, as every perm I've ever gotten, I've seriously looked like Weird Al Yankovich for 3-4 weeks after getting the perm. I explained this and Kara, my stylist re-assured me that with the right haircut I would not look like Weird Al. So I turned over control and took the plunge. Not to say I didn't cringe as she cut and cut and as I watched the many clumps of hair fall to the floor as she used the thinning shears.

However, while it is a lot shorter than I was expecting, I will say I've been very happy with the perm and it's look. I've gotten lots of compliments on it and it's been pretty easy to take care of, just spraying it with water to wet it down and combing through it.

Here's a picture from the night of having the perm done, a really bad one at that though.



Kacie looking in the mirror and head shot only.

The manicure and pedicure were awesome as well and the pedicure much needed for the calluses I have. Hopefully this fall I'll be able to have the surgery needed for my feet, when I can fully commit t staying off of my feet for approximately 6 weeks at a time!

No comments: