Monday, January 14, 2008

Well, it's the Day!!!!

This whole past week has been a week of craziness, getting ready, finalizing things, and catching up on other things before leaving today. I'm stoked, but it's with some tears too. Both the girls are so so about me leaving. KT's really taking it hard and was super clingy and whining. But with re-assurance that I would call home tonight and talk to them, she reluctantly went and got in the van to head to L's house and then on to school.

Thankfully Dad & Sue's suitcase was big enough and I could pack all the gear and stuff I needed to try to stay warm, as the weather has definately gone cold again and it seems that what we get here in IN, they have in NY a couple of days later. If that continues to hold true, I've got some really cold days ahead of me walking outside.

All ready this morning, except I have to go get AC up in a minute and get him dressed and eat his breakfast. Then run the dishwasher before I head out the door.

I fly out at noon and should land at La Guardia right about 2pm. My understanding is today is just pretty much settling in and learning the layout of the place. :) Tomorrow I am to be working with the trainer only, to see how fast I walk, different things about our lifestyle, etc, and then on Wednesday we get to meet our new companions. :D

Well I need to run, I'm getting butterflies, though I don't know why. I've travelled a lot before, but granted that was before my vision loss too. This will be the first time actually travelling all on my own, but thats fine. I don't have a problem asking for help. ;)

Will try to update later tonight!
Toodles!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Good luck, Kacie!! You'll be coming home in two weeks with your guide dog!! Woot! Don't sweat the small stuff. You'll do great.

Erin said...

Yess!!! We are very excited for you!! Can't wait to hear who you get!!!!