Friday, January 11, 2019

Day 16- Nov 12th

Today was an all day trip to the city of Huntington NY.  A beautiful colonial town that was full of people and shops.   It was an exhilarating day going through the town and it felt really, really good to feel like I could move again through busy areas and safely.  Kevin packed us all sack lunches and we had a "home base" in the basement of a library I believe.  We were able to hang there as teams went out and worked with the trainers.  

Boomer ROCKED it completely the second time out, though we pretty much just worked on the main street because we were running out of time before we needed to head back to the GDF campus.  There was lots of traffic, lots of noise, and all kinds of people and stuff on the sidewalks and obstacle to work around to get to where we needed to be.  LOVING it that I can just pretty much say GO and he is on it and get's me there! :D  He is definitely the right dog for me :D    LOVE my dog :D



Boomer and I cross the street


Boomer and I working around a corner



Boomer and I working down the stairs to the room where the group was camped for the day.

We wrapped things up and headed back to the GDF campus for the night and had dinner.