Wednesday, November 19, 2008

For all of you Puppy Raisers/Walkers out there...

I'm really behind posting here, but was cleaning out my inbox and wanted to post this to all of you, especially Erin, who I know is feeling it the hardest right now. Hugs to you!

Seeing Through My Heart
By
Linda Almond

I'm standing here before you, no longer just a dog,
For I've climbed the height of Heaven, and I've reached the height of God.
I understand my purpose, and the gift I have to give,
And I'll gladly take the challenge,
So that you may freely live.

I'll be the eyes that guide you, in night time and in day,
And when you close your eyes in rest, beside you I will lay.
I will never forsake you; I'll never go astray
And I will always love you, until my dying day.
I won't ask for fields of clover to romp and roam and play.
I'll go wherever you lead me, and I'll do whatever you say.
For I've climbed the height of Heaven, and I've reached the height of God.
And now I'm standing here before you, no longer just a dog.

So many hands did guide me, and love me along my way.
And they bowed their heads in tears, and slowly walked away.
For they understood their purpose, and the gift they had to give.
And they loved enough to let me go
So that you could freely live.

For they too have climbed to Heaven, and they've reached the heart of God.
And they understand that I'm here today,
No longer just a dog.

No comments: