Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Ok, we are back from the store...

Well we went back and she went in the store at first and the blower was on, and drug me out again. Then once we were outside, she refused to get even close to the doors again, pulling hard to the street and away from the doors.

Here are the videos:

Walking up to the store- went in the doors and put her at a sit, between the two sets of doors.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Came in the doors from the sit between the doors:

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



After she drug me out, we went over to the bench and let her sit there for a good 5 minutes to calm down. Then tried walking past the doors:


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Here's the blower unit up on the ceiling:

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Here is what she is normally- when we were at the zoo Sunday- walking past the baboons, one of them chattering at us and following us around the cage too and kids running around us.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


After getting home, Mike D. actually called, and he said that I've been doing all the right things so far and that at this point he wants me to work with her on a find it game. Described this as I am to start out having a piece of food in my hand and hold my hand out and tell her to find it, when she touches my hand with her nose, then give her the piece of food. Then I go to holding my hand at my side and tell her to find it. Then when she touches my hand with her nose, then I give her the piece of food. Next I have her sit and tell her to find it and she is to touch my hand w/o the food in it, so that it's teaching her that when I command her to find it, that she's to touch my hand. After a week or so of teaching her the game, and she's excited about playing it, then I am to go back to the store and when we go in, and she starts to turn and head back out, I'm to say NO. Sit and tell her find it, and start to play the game with her to distract her and hopefully she'll settle down quite a bit and hopefully we can work forward from there.

I then told him about Honey's reaction to the hand dryer and that I remembered her walking underneath the dryer back in January, but that I hadn't had any problems with fear until going into this store. I also told him about going to the hair cut place last night and that while she shook and was in fear, that she stayed put and down. I told Mike that as I said on the message, that while I'm completely willing to work with her, I feel like I need more help than just over the phone at this point. Mike said that he agreed and that he was going to go find Mike S. after our phone call to see about getting someone scheduled to come out and work with me. He said too that he was taking me seriously and that we would work on it. He did mention too that with this fear, that she may start to develop fears in other places too, and if that is the case then we may need to consider other options because I need a dog that is reliable. But for now we'd work with these things and that they'd get someone to come out and work with me too and that he'd be in touch soon.

I'm praying we can get this worked out...

No comments: