Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What a crazy week and weekend....

I keep saying some day this is all going to slow down, but life has proven otherwise so far... ;) And as it has, we survived the craziness of this last week and weekend. :)

Let's see...

Wednesday- I'd stayed home and worked on stuff for getting ready for the weekend/looking up stuff on cameras and such, and just stayed home with Alex instead of going out to soccer practice in the damp and cool weather, since it'd been raining off and on all day.

Thursday- Busy day starting to get ready for the weekend and was Mike's late night of working, so had the kids on my own and putting them to bed.

Friday- I had that wonderful annual exam with the dr, so Mike took a half day and came home and worked on some things around the house and watched Alex while I was at the dr. After a ride home from Sue, we headed out very shortly after that to pick up Meaghan from pre-school and then head to the other side of town for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner for our good friend Amy and her -now- hubby, Paul. Mike was dj'ing and doing all the music for her. :)

Honey did great, and everyone just kept saying man she's just such a good dog! She was out of the way and quiet. During dinner I put her down behind me against the wall and although there were kids running around and everyone was chatting, it was so nice, I didn't have to worry about her at all, she just snoozed with all the hub bub going on around her. :) Dinner was good and the kids had fun. Then we headed home and Mike and I was up really late preparing for the long day on Saturday.

I printed off papers for the disabilities support group meeting, put together all the snacks and such to go with for that, then got all the soccer stuff together, wrapped the wedding gift, laid out all the stuff to take off in the morning and so forth.

Saturday- The LONG day....

We were up early as we got the girls ready for their soccer games, loaded up the disabilities support group meeting stuff, Mike was still scrambling trying to get the music list finalized for that night, then we loaded up and went to the church and set up for the Disablities support group meeting.

Deb had warned me that the disabilities van was not working and in the shop, so my regulars that usually come via the van wouldn't be there. So we got there and set up, took the bag of toys in for the kids and they played for a bit. Mike was still working on his music list, and we waited from 10-10:30 and no one had showed. Which in all honesty, actually worked out better for me, allowing me to go with Mike to the soccer fields and to see the kids games. So we cleaned up from there, and headed over to the other mega church in town, where the soccer fields were for Meaghan's 11am game and Katie's 12pm game. I didn't have the camera since it's been acting so screwy on me, so no pics from those two games.

Mike tried something different with the 4's kids and it worked pretty well. He held thier hands and ran with them getting them to get in there and so forth. Many of the little ones are afraid of getting kicked and hurt, so it was cute to see him running all over the field with them. LOL! So the result was several of them were very responsive to that and actually got some decent playing in. :)

Then we immediately ran over to Katie's game and set up over there after getting Meaghan's snacks from the concession stand. Alex was being pretty whiny by this point and grumpy so he was mad at me most of the time, and he saw something that he wanted and went running and BAM, down in the mud he went. So we had an on field clothing change since his whole back side was brown with mud. LOL!

Katie's team did really well, considering they had no subs since two of the kids weren't there and they were just rotating kids through the positions. ALL of the kids were ready to drop by the end of the game and were exhuasted, but they played very well and hard. It was good too, that most of Katie's team isn't afraid of getting dirty while playing, so the mud pits didn't slow them down any. LOL! Quite a few kids on this team were stripping down before they got in the vehicles after the game, that's for sure! LOL! Katie played goalie for the last quarter and she'd stayed relatively clean up to then, and sure enough she pretty much made a slide diving for a ball so she was covered from her waist down and came home to go straight to the shower as we fixed lunch. :)

After getting home, we got lunch fixed and put Meaghan and Alex down for naps after they ate, this being about 1pm. Miked finalized all of his music stuff and Katie and I got ourselves ready to go to the wedding. We loaded stuff up and called Sue to come over with Meaghan and Alex, who were still asleep and were going to be spending the night with Grandma and Grandpa that night. We zoomed back to the other side of town and to the hotel where the wedding was.

We got there about 4:30 and got inside to set up the ceremony room with the laptops and test to make sure we had music for the ceremony. We got there to find that the ceremony room had NOT been set up as needed for this so Mike was scrambling a bit to find the AV guy and get the equipment we needed. It all worked out in the end, though a little bit of set up was happening as guest were coming in, but it was ok. The ceremony was beautiful and very pretty but simple, and started on time at 6pm.

Following the ceremony, everyone went over to the reception room, right next door and Mike quickly set up the laptops in there and got things going to dj for the evening. The bridal party got thier group pictures in and then the bride and groom made thier grand entrance to their table. Dinner was then opened up and was very good and the music was good too, as Amy and Paul had chosen a lot of big band music stuff for thier play list. All stuff we liked too. :)

So we had the usual reception stuff- dinner, dances, bouquet toss, and all in all good fun. :) Marland- the bride's brother in law and a good friend of ours too had brought a camera that they'd had and no longer using for us and while Katie and I took pictures, I wasn't able to figure it out well so a lot of them were super dark and blurry. However, here are a few of them that did come out ok...

Ceremony room:

Honey patiently waiting as she needed to go potty! LOL!

Katie in her lace dress:

The Bride and Groom during the First Dance:

The Hardware! LOL!

Honey made herself at home! LOL!

The cake was good! LOL!

Mike and I at the end of the night:

So we cleaned up from there and pulled out and got home about 12:30. Katie was out cold before we left the parking lot. LOL! So when we got home, we all crawled into bed after getting jammies on and crashed HARD. :)


The three of us woke up about 1oam and it wasn't too long after that Grandma and Grandpa called to bring Meaghan and Alex home. We missed church for the weekend as it was a pretty lazy day of just cleaning up from all that was going on for the week and putting stuff away. We ordered pizza for lunch, buying extra to have enough for dinner too before going to our bible study group in the evening too.

So we put all three kids down for naps and mike went and picked up the new garage door opener from lowes, coming home and starting on that, only to find that it's going to mean an electrical project along with it. The track for the new opener is longer than the old one, putting the opener right over where the ceiling light fixture is. So that light has to move first before we can get the opener installed, and a meaning another trip to lowes.

We did run to walmart though to look at bikes for Meaghan and Alex though. Katie's small bike is still too big for meaghan though she can ride it decently, but perched precariously up in the air. the 12 inch Dora bike she hopped on and doing circles around us on, so the 12 inch would be perfect for her. It is however still too big for Alex. And I've done a lot of looking online for a 10 inch one, but most have reviews of being very tipsy, other than the $70 radio flyer one, which is a LOT more than we are wanting to spend on a bike he'll only be able to use for maybe one summer. So we are still looking around for other options. I just know I need to get him something to do outdoors as Alex has hit this Holy TERROR stage and is seriously giving me a run for the money on patience.

Thursday morning I think he spent more time IN time out than he did out that morning. He broke the headphones we had and Mike needed for the wedding (he was able to use them still with one ear piece though), cut himself with a knife, climbing on things, just flat out being defiant, and is climbing all over things to get up to high things he wants. So lots of time to burn energy is really needed right now! LOL!

Monday- We spent the day re-cooperating yesterday. Catching up on laundry and going Ahhhhhh, the stressful week is OVER! I talked with several people online and was doing some research on cameras out there and worked on trying to learn this camera that Marland had given us. Also did some research on smartphones that we are looking to get with the economic stimulus check that we finally received. :) We are both needing something now that I'm out and about a lot more, with having Honey now and might as well go for something that will simplify life in not having to maintain 4 paper calendars. ;)

So today- Tuesday- I am updating the blog after a week, working on cleaning house since Aleatha and her two kiddos are coming down for a visit for the next couple of days and will be staying with us.

Tonight, Mike, Katie, and I will be going to see the new Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian movie and I cannot wait. :) I had wanted to see the first one in the theater, but wasn't able to with the two little ones. But for this, we arranged for Grandma and Grandpa to watch them and put them to bed for us and doing a night out with Katie. :)

This week is the last week of school for Katie- gosh I cannot believe how the time has flown. We did get a summer reading plan for her though from her teacher and we'll be trying to hit the library this summer for sure. Several series that were recommended was:

The Boxcar Children
Little House on the Prairie
Ramona Cleary

Update on Grandmother- Thank you for all of your prayers, she is doing pretty good and is in the rehab unit now. Please continue to pray as she goes through rehab, and that she doesn't get too ornery and will do what they ask of her. LOL!

Well I'd better get moving with stuff around here, so laters to all!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

What a beautiful wedding and bride! Love the lace dress on your own darling one as well :D How are things with Honey and the linen store? ENJOY your movie night! After about 5 years I think we are ready to do a movie sometime this year or next. Yippee!