Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's almost Friday!

Wow, this week has flown by...

Tuesday night, Mike came home and we went to the Great Banquet gathering. I'll admit, it's been kind of a rough week for me, being the first week and first times out and about without Honey. I'm truly lost without her and feel like I'm fumbling around, re-learning/adjusting to use the cane and so forth. Wondering how the france I ever did this all the time before, because it really just flat out sucks... but I say this while keeping my chin up, as I know at some point the phone will ring and it'll be GDF on the other end saying they've got a dog for me. :) So it's just a matter of being patient. Not one of my best virtues though....

So while we were at the gathering, I had a lot of people come up and say they were praying for us and that they'd gotten the email that I'd sent out asking for prayers to the community. It was hard to hold back the tears as people asked and were afraid to ask, knowing that it is still a fresh thing. I've also had a couple of people ask me if I was sick... I hope I don't look that bad! LOL!

So then yesterday, I got a call from Anne Marie, asking about getting together with the kids. We did and the kids had a blast, playing all afternoon together after we ate lunch. It was really nice to talk with Anne Marie and having someone to entertain my kiddos, who are desperately ready for school, that's for sure! They took off about 4pm and then Mike was home very shortly after that, which we rushed about and got soccer gear on for practice. Mike took off with the kids and I finished up a couple of things here and went over to Dad & Sue's and worked on the treadmill for 1o minutes, actually running for several minutes instead of the usual walking. Dad then ran me to the park, and we got there at the tail end of the U4's practice, but just in time for me to keep an eye on Meaghan and Alex while Mike ran the U8's practice.

Mike had his hands full though, as both his assistants were unable to attend, but he pulled it off well. :)

I do want to share the pictures of Alex being silly though, from Tuesday...










Then here are some pictures from soccer practice:


Meaghan playing with a teammates baby sister~













Meaghan, Alex, & I were at the swings.





Katie going after it again...



Most of the team: The Green Stars



Alex mad at me after I told him to get out of the sand volleyball court, but knew better to come when I started counting down...





Meaghan and I were kicking the ball back and forth, and she was actually doing pretty well, kind of getting into it. We'll see if I work with her some while she's home with me during the day- if she'll get into it more, but so far it's been hit and miss, depending on the mood she is in at the moment she plays! LOL!

Speaking of which, Alex starts preschool on Monday!!! Woot Woot! Isn't that horrible of me to say?! He's just in that "fun" stage where he's just wild and into everything. So yeah, I'm ready for him to go to preschool and burn off some of the energy and expand. We are pulling Meaghan out and putting him in. I'm also looking forward to having some time alone with Meaghan, since I really haven't too much. I know she'll enjoy it and hoping we can work on some reading skills and soccer too. :)

No comments: