Monday, August 11, 2008

Still around...

Well, Honey is gone to her new home...

I am truly dogless now. Not sure how to take it yet, though I did better than I thought I would. Didn't shed any tears until after the car left and then it was just a bit. She was so happy to see Dan and went bounding to the car and more than happy to get in, knowing where she was headed. I did get some pictures of her though, with the kids and had katie take some of her and I and with Mike and I. After Dan left, I laid down on the couch and fell asleep, for like almost 3 hrs! Mike woke me up before Bible study and we had everyone here for the evening. It was nice to meet with friends and fellowship.

Today, I went to Dad and Sue's tonight to work out since the pool is closed for 2 wks - so water aerobics. So went there and walked on the treadmill. I've been working on more scrapbook pages of Honey today. Alex has been a booger and of course isn't napping. But thats ok, he starts preschool on Monday and I'm excited. I'm ready to see him blossom and see him grow and expand his horizons just as the girls have done.

Dan called this afternoon to see how I was doing. Asked me if I was ok, and I said yeah, asked again, if I was sure. I replied, well as ok as I can be. I'm ok most of the time and then I have my moments. Tonight really SUCKED when I walked to Dad and Sue's. Used my cane and kept catching the cracks in the sidewalk and had to pretty much look down the whole time. Gosh I miss having a dog...

Kids did fine with everything. the girls helped take her stuff out to the car and climbed in to give her a hug and a kiss bye, then came in and went back to playing. Alex, we put down for a nap, so he didnt actually see Dan taking her away. We'd been talking about it all week and he knew it was coming, so when he woke up and found a toy we'd missed, he asked where Honey's toy basket was. I said it was at Grandpa Dan's with Honey and asked if he remembered that Honey was going to Grandpa Dan's that day to stay. He said okay, I'll put it on the island, and didn't ask anymore about her and has been fine.

Dan said when he called, that it was pretty funny at his house yesterday afternoon. The basket of toys we sent with him, he put down behind his chair, against the wall, but next to the big archway going into the next room. (he has a long shotgun style house). Well, Buddy, one of his pups, went over and grabbed the basket and drug it out to the middle of the floor. Then the other puppy came over and they both were pulling all of the toys out of the basket and had them strewn all over the place. Then Honey- upon seeing this, went over to the big basket of toys that Dan had for his dogs and pulled it out and proceeded to pull all of thier toys out and all over the floor. He said you couldnt walk through the room because the floor was covered in dog toys and all three dogs were happily playing. ! He did say though that it was like as if she'd always been there, she got along with the other two and there's not been any problems, that she's doing great.

So I'm glad to hear that. Just wish they'd call me with a match and class date soon...

No comments: