With the trip to Disney, it's been pretty obvious that Honey is thoroughly stressed and fearful of Thunderstorms. Here in IN, we get LOTS of them unfortunately. Now while she's is such a awesome dog, her fears of T storms have come to a point that they are possibly becoming dangerous. *sigh*
Moreso, I'm seeing the signs of the stress on her as she's trying to do her job and keep herself together. It's just not good for her or for me, nor is it safe for either of us. So with some discussions with a trainer at GDF, we are seriously considering retiring Honey and seeing about being matched up to a new guide. It is not set in stone yet, but GDF will be getting back to me next week to come to a decision of where we go from here.
I'll be honest, I'm glad we don't have any real plans for the weekend. I really look aweful right now. My eyes are puffy, I have a migraine, and my vision even seems a little funky from all the crying I've done this afternoon. Gosh, you talk about pulling the heart strings like I've never known. Mike and I have talked about it this evening and we think we have a plan of action, but need to wait until the school gets back with us on this.
So until then, I'm going to try to keep myself busy and love on her, as the trainer told me to do. :)
I did take these pictures this afternoon, right before the trainer called. I'd planned on sending out a fun email, asking friends and family if they were ready for Colts/Pre-Season football to start up?