Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Weekend

The weekend was a pretty good one, kinda off key, but it was good. Friday night, Sue and I went to the church and worked out, I walked a 16 minute mile on the treadmill, then biked for about 5 minutes on the recumbent bike until I got frustrated at not being able to get the prgraming/level set up on it at a comfortable level. Then I moved over to the Elliptical, where I lasted 10 minutes and through the first "wave" on the program and then I was ready to call it quits for the night, as I was worn out. Sue had walked a good while on the treadmill and I then walked two laps around the walking track in the gym for cool down. We left there and went to walmart so I could look for some shirred fabric, where the top 9 inches is shirred and the rest of the 45 inches isn't. A good friend made her daughter some super cute sundresses with this type of fabric and some ribbon, some being in disney princesses which is the "IN" thing right now with my girls. So I'm hoping to find some for the girls to make them some sundresses and with the leftovers, make some for thier American Girl Dolls as well. We'll see if I can. :) Unfortunately, they didnt have the fabric, so Sue picked up what she needed and we headed on home. Mike and I then raced a couple of games on the Wii Indy 500 legends game and both went to bed and crashed.

Then Saturday morning, we were kinda lazy, I got up with the kids, letting Mike sleep in until almost 10am, the kids and I fixed breakfast of french toast, serving Mike his breakfast in bed. The kids kinda putzed around the house, watching tv and playing as well as coming in and out of our bedroom for an ongoing tickle fest for all. :)

We finally got out of bed and I worked on stuff around the house as Katie folded laundry and put it away. Mike went and picked up our lawn mower that was finally repaired after 4 wks of being in the shop and $250 more. Ouch... So after he got home, Mike mowed the yard and I had pretty well picked up the house and cleaned things up. Then we fixed a late lunch, since we'd eaten a late breakfast, and put Alex and Meaghan down for a nap. Mike and I hadnt planned on it, but wound up taking a nap as well.

We then got up and went to church, which afterwards we all went to walmart to do the grocery shopping and grabbed dinner at Subway there in the store. It's always an adventure going to Walmart with Honey, since there are typically lots of kids and they tend to be pretty insistant about wanting to pet. Which it is ok, just something to deal with while there. As we were eating, Alex became more whiny and cranky and continued to do so as ge was feeling warmer and warmer. So we hurriedly tried to get the shopping done and finally piled everyone into the car and got home around 8:30pm. Got the kids medicated, ready for bed and then into bed and groceries put away. Mike then ran back out to Lowes to get the plexiglass to put over the 19" LCD monitor that Marland gave us and a couple of other things. After he got home and all was settled, Mike and I watched
The Guardian, with Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher. It was a pretty good movie! :)

Sunday morning we all got up a little later and had breakfast together. Alex was still running a pretty good fever so we decided that Mike would stay home with Alex as the girls and I went over to Dad and Sue's for the Father's day gathering. We watched another really good movie, Night At the Museum with Ben Stiller, Dick Van Dyke, Mickey Rooney. The kids really enjoyed it and it was cute. :) For the afternoon, we had planned to go and get the remote control cars out and have at it with them. So we went to the elementary school and had fun with those before heading back to Dad and Sue's house to open presents and played the Wii games with the racing wheels that Dad and Sue's Dad, Dan got. We then all enjoyed an awesome meal of lasagna and garlic bread with some cake and ice cream after. :)

Here are some pictures of the day:






























1 comment:

Unknown said...

love m's dress!!! so pretty

check my blog, I gave you an award.